Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Handful of Dust

Well nobody* has offered me an arse-kicking for a while and hence no blogs. One day I might get round to investigating that autonomy lark. Still, I will attempt to kick my own arse since some people recently were kind enough to tell me they enjoy reading our blog and refresh refresh! with bated breath on at least a five second basis. Fancy that eh?

The real reason I am writing is because I am meant to be doing something else even more than this. I have the feeling I might have said that in every blog I have written and it is probably always true. I should be writing the ol' dissertation but I've spent so long checking emails and the like first that any semblance of concentration I had has dissipated leaving a nasty mess. No wait, I did just delete a word and then write it in again. Progress eh? Wonderful stuff.

I don't have much news to report other than the sad demise of my laptop. If you fancy enjoying a minute's silence on its behalf, feel free but I don't suppose it will help much. I should probably say that I have really enjoyed all of the gigs we've played in the last few months. I quite like playing live these days and such enjoyment is even evident on my face sometimes, or so I'm told. They were probably trying to be nice. And I too enjoyed the wonder that is Amy Allison and can't help but recommend you swing your mouse towards shoeshine records and purchase her albums. She also wins a prize for guessing one of the books I'm writing about for my dissertation (yeah I told her the title first) in one shot despite the distraction of Sauchiehall Street's glittering attractions as we passed down it in merry conversation. Smart cookie her.

Right that's your lot. I have words to shuffle.

Carey xx






*this can't be true now I think about it

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Hello all, just wanted to say hello and that I'm looking forward to the new album. I would ask if you're touring the US extensively, but I'm hoping to move to the UK this summer, so perhaps I'll catch you over there instead!

12:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home